Guac Off!
A number of years back, when Kyle and I were simply boyfriend and girlfriend, we had a handful of friends who, for whatever reason, thought they made the BEST guacamole. They raved about their concoctions and argued the superiority of their secret ingredients and perfection of blending methods. Of course both Kyle and I, being so humble, thought we had the best guacamole too! So we decided to throw the first annual 'Guac Off', and it began…
Years later the Guac Off still lives on! This year was a little more laid back than the previous years, which was actually a nice change of pace. We met up at our friends the Stovers' place and enjoyed an evening of tasty, diverse guacamole entries, BBQ'd burgers, Mexican beers, good friends, truffle cupcakes…
…and cute little baby boys! Possible suitors for baby Ahlgren? Hmmmm…




Yes, some very appealing potential suitors for our lovely baby girl Ahlgren... By the time she actually arrives, throngs will be lining up at the delivery room door. I'll bring a sign-up list with me
ReplyDeleteand vet each prospect, though none will stand a chance to get past
my and Kyle's set of requirements.... XXOO Papasan
Have a fun-filled weekend.... Love, The Old Folks Home
ReplyDeleteAww I love the Guac Off! :( :(
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys!
-Marta
Hilarious! Yes! What is that about where everyone thinks they or someone else makes the BESY guac ever! I know people like that! I have a simple recipe too, and the only reason I thought mine was good last year was because I made it with tomatoes from our garden. But honestly, it's just guac! haha
ReplyDeleteFauf