Painting the Ellies Blue
A couple weekends ago I (Kyle) once again had the opportunity to don my super hero costume (Sir Painty Pants) and go forth into the world spreading my message of cleanly cut corners, well-coated walls and pretty paint palates! The scene of the action this particular day was none other than the stamp-happy, canine-loving, entertainment-savvy home of the notorious LA Shaws where, years before, when I was first making a go in this crazy city, Doug and Ellie kindly hired me to paint their entire downstairs (+ up the staircase) interior.
Lisa dropped me off at about 10:30 in the morning and, by the time she was back from running some errands at 12:30, we had tackled the bulk of the tough work, Ellie attacking the more-accessible edges with swifter-than-expected lightening reflexes and me blazing brushstrokes across the upper reaches like I was Bob Ross on crack. While Ellie and Lisa tried to distract me from the mission at hand with light-hearted banter and antidotal stories, I forged on and rolled with a fury to finish up the job just in time for a delicious home-made lunch.
Shortly after, we cleaned up and were on our way, I with another notch on the painted utility belt of goodness and decency, Lisa with a full (bulging) belly, and the LA Shaws with one beautiful blue wall to enjoy!
Lisa dropped me off at about 10:30 in the morning and, by the time she was back from running some errands at 12:30, we had tackled the bulk of the tough work, Ellie attacking the more-accessible edges with swifter-than-expected lightening reflexes and me blazing brushstrokes across the upper reaches like I was Bob Ross on crack. While Ellie and Lisa tried to distract me from the mission at hand with light-hearted banter and antidotal stories, I forged on and rolled with a fury to finish up the job just in time for a delicious home-made lunch.
Shortly after, we cleaned up and were on our way, I with another notch on the painted utility belt of goodness and decency, Lisa with a full (bulging) belly, and the LA Shaws with one beautiful blue wall to enjoy!



Another job well done, Sir Painty Pants!!! P.S. No tattoos allowed on Baby
ReplyDeleteAhlgren, until she's at least 18. ( Baby Shaw Regulation # 202, Section 4)
Respectfully yours, Keeper of the Records, AKA RCS, Esquire
The painter never dies...he keeps painting.
ReplyDeletewhen does this blog get a healthy dose of the nursery. we need to see more.
Does Kyle ever need a ladder? Perhaps for ceilings only...... LOL
ReplyDeleteRoses are red and Ellie's is blue...
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy 4th...
We love both of you.
XXXXOOOO The Olds Folks of the North
Lovely... Now, get on pushing out that baby!
ReplyDelete