{im}perfectly
A friend recently told me how her friend mentioned something to the effect of "Lisa always looks so perfectly put together in photos," and then continued "there's not a bad one in the bunch." That was a very interesting comment to me. Mainly because it is completely false. I am not picture perfect. I am imperfectly put together all day, every day. Sure my shoes might match my top, sometimes. But imperfect details definitely show. All.The.Time. Despite my cover up and lip gloss, I have consistently chapped lips, tons of freckles, and often greasy hair {ew, remember I shower every OTHER day}. ;-) But that's okay by me, I like who I am, and I am {im}perfect.
Then I heard about this from a friend's blog {seriously adorable, and now on my blogs to follow list}...
Then I heard about this from a friend's blog {seriously adorable, and now on my blogs to follow list}...
picture me {im}perfectly
it's a weekly project to reveal that we don't have it all together.
i will post a
picture me {im}perfectly
blog post every wednesday
where you will be able to link up to your blog
revealing that:
you are not picture perfect,
your kids are not picture perfect,
your house is not picture perfect,
your crafts are not always picture perfect,
let's
encourage,
inspire and
remind
other women
that none of us have it all together.
I LOVE this idea and will {try} to do this as well. The hard part will be to remember to take photos in the craziness and those awful or not-so-photogenic moments.
But here's my head start. A photo of Em and I being weird. I hate this photo, because number one she was being mean grabbing my nose and wouldn't let go. And number two, I look like one of those Harry Potter characters, missing a nose. hehe.

I expect Emma had been wondering what your nose would feel like and what it does!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend!
Love,
Mum
i <3 this idea. go li go. and i think emma actually looks chubby there? is that photoshopped (o;
ReplyDelete