Deficient
So last week at my doctor's check up I mentioned to my doctor how I've been feeling a bit faint and light headed lately, along with a few other wonderful (read: sarcastic) pregnancy symptoms. So naturally my doctor wants me to rest up and to take every measure to ensure I am getting enough iron, as she thinks I may have a slight iron deficiency.
After evaluating my diet I realize that I don't have enough iron on a regular basis. This might seem strange to some of you who know me well and my weakness for cheeseburgers. Although cheeseburgers are one of my all time favorite foods, I rarely eat them. And in general rarely eat red meat too, despite my constant mentioning or cravings. Guess I'll just have to start giving in to my cravings, huh!
{Photo of me last summer...with a plate of iron}
After evaluating my diet I realize that I don't have enough iron on a regular basis. This might seem strange to some of you who know me well and my weakness for cheeseburgers. Although cheeseburgers are one of my all time favorite foods, I rarely eat them. And in general rarely eat red meat too, despite my constant mentioning or cravings. Guess I'll just have to start giving in to my cravings, huh!
{Photo of me last summer...with a plate of iron}

I think I was a little iron deficient when I was preggo as well. I was always chewing ice which is a sign of that (weird...). Meat tasted awful to me though, so it was lots of iron tablets for me. :) My cousin Ruth craved iron like CRAZY when she was pregnant. She ate a huge cheeseburger almost every day towards the end of her pregnancy. Oh, and eat lots of oranges...vitamin C helps your body absorb iron. They'll work hand in hand and you'll get more out of those burgers. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip Morgan! :)
ReplyDelete