Just between us

I have not cleared my iPhone photos off of my phone since before Em was born. I haven't cleared them mainly because I love to occasionally scroll through the pictures, from start to finish {birth to present} and look through all of them. I absolutely love watching the progression of how life used to be with her newly wrapped up in my arms, sleeping on me, to then sitting up, eating food, and now to crawling wildly and starting her steps around our home.

A few of my favorite memories that I have enjoyed having just between us...

Late night finger hugs in the first few weeks of her life. It was around 8 o'clock and we had just nursed. She laid on the pillow holding my finger just starring at me for a half hour. It was really sweet.


I called her Cyndi Lou Who that day. She kicked and kicked her little legs in her newborn sleeper while watching the owl mobile dance. She was in complete awe and totally mesmerized by it.


Giggle bug. I made a silly noise that day and she lost it. Multiple times. Ah, heart melting.


During Thanksgiving we went upstairs to nurse and she loved looking at my phone, so I tried taking a photo of us and she smiled as best she could. Quality is horrible, but the moment was great.


She loved being carried around everywhere. I would chat with her and wrap my arms around her even though it was a "hands free" carrier. It was pretty chilly out that December, so we would walk into the shops around town.


Her Bumbo chair was a huge hit with her. And her tiny little toes were an even bigger hit with me. At this stage she was trying to put her feet in her mouth ever chance she got.


Silly GAP putting ears on all of their winter sweaters. I secretly started to loved them. And I loved putting her in the shopping cart, she would smile and wave at everyone.


This was the best bath time ever. So much fun splishing and a splashing. I got soaked. I think we giggled for almost an hour straight.


After nap time I found her like this. It's one of my all time favorites. She finally enjoyed her tummy time.


In the late afternoons we would watch people, cars, and dogs go by our apartment. We watched the trees blow in the wind, we laughed at each other, and cuddled. I loved looking at the little wisps of hair in the sunlight.


Em's a swing junkie. So many swing memories. 'nough said.


I love Em's watery eyes. I have a watery eye too. But people never fails to comment on this. This day when we were at the park I had several nannies talk to me about it. I barely noticed because she was so mix matched in clothing that's all I could focus on. ;-)


We had a blast on the bluffs that day. I fed her tofu and mozzarella {some of her faves!} and she kept trying to stand up, but kept falling. So every time she fell she would give me a snuggle and a smirky laugh. Oh and she bent my sunglasses.


She just starred forward and watched the beach, bluffs, and the doggies that were being walked by. Totally peaceful. And I liked that.


This was just moments before she hurt her cheek by falling on our stroller. So sad. But memorable, we made the same face for the camera. Like mother, like daughter. hehe.


And of course, my all time favorite memories are of little Em taking all of her naps on my chest, up until she was almost 6 months old. I adored this time with her, snuggling, praying for her, rubbing her back, stroking her face, kissing her forehead, and sneaking a photo or two when I could. ;-)



Comments

  1. <3 such beautiful love coming from your writing, and shown in all these pictures. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/04/2011

    I can't wait to see you all again. Emma's certainly made a lot of progress from her tiny beginning.
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/04/2011

    Emma's blessed to have you and Kyle. Your love is inspiring. RCS

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet li. i just love watching you loving her more and more day by day

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! Where has the year gone?! I need to see her (and you) soon!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a _____?