Dear Emma
You are such a dear little girl. Already the months are flying by and you are absolutely as lovely as can be. You really do light up a room. People have mentioned it to me on several occasions. I adore your little smile, watery eyes, and wildly active hands.
We normally start the day nursing at 7 sharp, then you and daddy and I play while we both swap in and out getting ready for the day. After daddy is off to work, the day flies by you and I. We eat a few meals {me salads, you milk}, we play a few games {baby einstein colors and numbers, stacking blocks, and you chew on everygame in site}, read a few books {Dr.Seuss, Brown Bear, Circus}, sing songs, enjoy each others silly sounds, and giggle, a lot.
Somedays I can't help but kiss and cuddle you, almost all day long. I swear sometimes I must break 100. Often when we are on our morning walks on the Santa Monica bluffs or cruising around the 3rd Street Promenade with Sophie {your Giraffe toy} I find myself talking outloud to you as if we are two girlfriends catching up. Telling you about the weather, cute outfits in the store windows, whether we should grab coffee or head home, ya know the usual chit chat. And yeah, you guessed it I will sometimes {read: all the time} get funny looks from people, who think I am strange talking to a baby, but I don't care. I think you get me and we have fun!
I look at you and wonder what you will be like when you can finally talk, will you be a chatterbox or shy? What you'll like to eat, will it be cheeseburgers like mommy or spicy food like daddy? When you can drive where will you want to go, soccer practice, cheerleading, choir, art class... hopefully none of the locations include a boyfriends house until you are much older! Ha! And when you are able to choose your friends, if we'll be close friends? I hope you choose me as your friend, best friend. :)
Daddy and I love you so much beautiful little girl, you have no idea how much just yet, but I hope one day you do. xo
Mommy
We normally start the day nursing at 7 sharp, then you and daddy and I play while we both swap in and out getting ready for the day. After daddy is off to work, the day flies by you and I. We eat a few meals {me salads, you milk}, we play a few games {baby einstein colors and numbers, stacking blocks, and you chew on everygame in site}, read a few books {Dr.Seuss, Brown Bear, Circus}, sing songs, enjoy each others silly sounds, and giggle, a lot.
Somedays I can't help but kiss and cuddle you, almost all day long. I swear sometimes I must break 100. Often when we are on our morning walks on the Santa Monica bluffs or cruising around the 3rd Street Promenade with Sophie {your Giraffe toy} I find myself talking outloud to you as if we are two girlfriends catching up. Telling you about the weather, cute outfits in the store windows, whether we should grab coffee or head home, ya know the usual chit chat. And yeah, you guessed it I will sometimes {read: all the time} get funny looks from people, who think I am strange talking to a baby, but I don't care. I think you get me and we have fun!
I look at you and wonder what you will be like when you can finally talk, will you be a chatterbox or shy? What you'll like to eat, will it be cheeseburgers like mommy or spicy food like daddy? When you can drive where will you want to go, soccer practice, cheerleading, choir, art class... hopefully none of the locations include a boyfriends house until you are much older! Ha! And when you are able to choose your friends, if we'll be close friends? I hope you choose me as your friend, best friend. :)
Daddy and I love you so much beautiful little girl, you have no idea how much just yet, but I hope one day you do. xo
Mommy
Beautiful, Lisa, from your heart. Save this little letter. Emma will cherish it. Dad
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely letter and a lucky baby to be loved so completely!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mum
XXOOXX
Ok, that was sooooo beautiful. I want a baby now. Megan Edgecumbe
ReplyDeleteWow. You just straight up made me cry, Lisa. Nice one.
ReplyDeletexo,
Erica
This was so special to read.....it made me tear up at how beautiful love can be. Congrats you two. ~Katie Whicker
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and sweet. You've inspired me to write a letter to my little Paige ~Crystal Dolan
ReplyDelete